If your FlexiTime plan includes Job Tracking , the Jobs section will be included in the main menu.
- Jobs are usually ad-hoc, as opposed to Work which is usually contracted to a client and scheduled in advance.
- Jobs are associated with an item of work.
- Jobs can be used to apply a one-off pay rate and billing rate for the job.
- Jobs can be used to record sales for variable commission rate payments.
- Jobs can be linked to a client and client contact for approval of the time entered against the job.
Select the Jobs menu option.
Jobs can be filtered -
- Include or exclude closed jobs
- Select a client to view, or show all jobs for this client
- Filter by job status
- Show only jobs assigned to a selected employee
If an employee logs in and has access to view the Jobs screen the Assigned To filter will automatically filter the job list to only jobs assigned to that employee.
Select a job from the list and double-click, or click edit to view or update the job details.
Click Add Job to create a job.
Jobs can't be deleted but they can be closed. Do this by editing the Job and ticking the Job Closed box then saving the Job.
Add a Job
Select the Client from the drop down list.
If you cannot find the client, or you are creating a ticket for a new client, you can quickly search for or add the client information by selecting . After the client details have been located or added, the Add Job page will be displayed with the client name populated.
Once the Client is selected the list of Work available will be limited to only work that applies to this client or work that applies to all clients. Select the Work. For work that applies to all clients, creating a job will define the client that will be invoiced for time recorded.
Provide a Summary of the Job. For jobs that are invoiced to a client the summary should provide a meaningful description of the job to appear on an invoice line. If employees are selecting this job when recording time the summary should be distinctive enough for them to determine the correct job to select.
Jobs can be used in a number of different situations when using FlexiTime. The main uses of creating jobs are -
- To associate a job to a client for invoicing based on a general work item.
- To create a commissionable sale record for paying commission to an agent.
- To create a job assignment for temp or contract staff that can be paid and billed at variable rates and time can be approved separately by a client contact.
If the Job Type Commission is selected field labels change as follows -
Start Date - Sale Date
Due Date - Commission Date
Estimated Hours - Levy %
Pay Rate - Commission
Charge Rate - Sale Amount
Assigned To - Agent
The Commission job type is used to apply a tiered commission rate table to sales commission payments. In this case the commission scales entered for this work and Levy % are used to calculate the Commission. The commission is then paid to the agent based on the pay period that spans the Commission Date.
If you wish to use variable commission rate tables for agent sales please contact FlexiTime support.
To use FlexiTime jobs for creating job assignments for temp and contract staff please see the Support Centre article Using FlexiTime for Recruitment Companies.
Select the Job History tab to view details of changes that have been made to the job. The Job History tab is not visible to an employee who do not have an appropriate User Role.
Select the Time History tab to view details of time entries that have been made against this job.